1.13.2006

I thought I had posted yesterday

But I guess I didn't. So this is the post for 1/12/2006.

Brooklyn had a teeny, tiny little splinter in her foot last night. But if you saw the way she was acting you would have thought that we were trying to cut her foot off instead of pulling it out!

It was so bad that I had to hold her down while Elizabeth and Courtney dug it out with a needle. It was so small in fact that the only way we could tell it was gone was the fact that we couldn't see it in her foot any more!

And that got me to thinking about how bad we make things seem in our imagination. I can tell you how many times I didn't do something or dreaded it and then when it happened it was nothing! We should be fearless in this world, but often we are not.

In our last house in Midland we had a water softener. After being in the house for only a couple of months it stopped working. We thought for sure that it would need to be replaced and we could not afford the just under a thousand dollar price tag that came along with replacement. So we just shut it off and never used it again.

Well after a year we had to move so we sold the house. The buyers wanted to have a service man come out and look at it. I agreed only if they would foot the bill for replacement. They agreed. $75. That was how much it cost to fix it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home