1.05.2006

Geek

You know, I'm a geek. The first step is admitting it, right?

I think my wife is a geek too, or at least in the process of morphing into one. Its funny how a complete cable outage could alter your perspective on technology around the house. There were several subjects that came up throughout the day when Courtney would say to me, "Just look it up on... Oh year, no Internet?"

I have been on cable Internet for almost 6 years now. I can't imagine a world without it. I was sooo looking forward to the Texas/USC game, but suddenly was struck how dependent I had become. Think about it; No cable - Can't watch the game. No cable - Can't check ESPN for score updates. No Internet- Can't check out espn.com for score updates. Holy purple cow! I was extremely disappointed.

Luckily though my cable operator (Comcast) called a mire two hours before kick off with news that it was a system failure in our area and service had been restored.

And year I did get to watch the game. And what a game it was. UT:41, USC:39!

Hook 'em Horns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home